Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Nice set up. Would you mind If I use the pictures for a class I'm teaching in a few weeks? Most are urban beeks and your set up is a great picture of hwat can been done. Let me know,

Travis Boyd

boydfamilyhoneyfarm

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be my guest!! I would be honored!:D I could get some further back shots if you think that would help with perspective.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hello

Thank you for allow me to use the photos. When I have everything complete I will send you a copy of the program. I teach a few basic beekeeping classes. 90% live in subdivided areas. All have the same question about bees and neighbors. I have several other pics of set ups, but yours is very clean.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nice. Guess you don't have to deal with ants much, eh? I have to put nearly all my hives on four-legged stands and stick the legs in pans of oil, or they get inundated by sugar ants--- especially after I've harvested and stick the drippy empty supers back on the hives for clean-up!

I like the colors--- I do the same thing, use anything that's old or cheap. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice colors.

I'm curious though as to why you would call this "urban" when it looks more "suburban" than urban to me. I know it's all semantics, but you've got grass and a yard and all that.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I see it's your first post Sticky_Situation.

Welcome to the forum! Perhaps you would be interested in starting a thread about yourself in the introduction section.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
But thanks for calling me out as a newbie first poster on the message boards! :)
The number of posts you have contributed is right there in the right hand corner. No one was making a personal judgement about you just because of that number. Your response gave me the reason to though.

Everyone is welcome to participate at whatever level of interaction or lurking they wish to. Go at your own pace or peak in from time 2 time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts