Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My wife and I have a small farm in southern maine. City rezoned our property so we can't have the other animals we wanted. Have a couple bee hives 1st year. Langstroth hives are working well. One of our hives swarmed this year, wasn't able to retrieve due to work and weather. My wife's hive is the peace-loving bees and mine are the more tempermental. Having the 2 hives gives us some perspective between the two. Got 22# of honey from my girls....good dark, rich honey. Each hive has a full super going into winter. Made a sugar board for each. Got lots of good guidance here in the area.

We are active in our local beekeeping assc and are going to the big bee conference tomorrow up north maine. We read everything we can find on bees. Just found this website and really grooving on the depth of what is here. Thanks ~ Dave and Lois

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Welcome to BeeSource! You'll find lots of good info here. There are several Maine beeks on here also, so you should get locally specific info also. Good luck with your bees.

·
Super Moderator
11,271 Posts
Welcome to Beesource from Tennessee, PeacePilgrim!

>> Where are you in Maine?

Location information is displayed in the upper right corner of each post. In this case, PeacePilgim is located in Sanford, Maine. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Welcome to Beesource from Tennessee, PeacePilgrim!

>> Where are you in Maine?

Location information is displayed in the upper right corner of each post. In this case, PeacePilgim is located in Sanford, Maine. :)
I'm about 50 miles from the location shown in my box.
Must be where the internet is routed through cause i didn't put it there.

·
Super Moderator
11,271 Posts
I just checked the 'new member registration' page. There is a "Location" box there that you are asked to fill in. If you choose not to respond, odds are something will get put in there, possibly not as accurate as if you had responded in the first place. :)

Note, if your Location information is inaccurate (perhaps you have moved since registering, etc) send a PM to Barry with a request to update your Location data. There is no other process available for updating the Location field.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm pretty sure it got changed sometime after i filled in the location box when registering.
No big deal , not worth hassling with to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts