Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello if anyone is out there?
I am a new beekeeper and I feel like I am making a mess with my bees. We started with two Hive and 2 med super on both hives. we were feeding the bees with a top feeding until the bees ran out of space and we added super on top and did the checkerboard method , by taking 4 of the middle frames and putting them in the new top super that was the 1st of June and took off the top feeders. The 1st of July we recheck the hives and both bottom brood box are empty other than a few bees hanging out. We were told to take the top super that is full of honey and put on the bottom and the bottom brood box on top. We rechecked it today July 26, and the bottom of both were still empty, so we move the super around and my bees seem to be a little confused a lot of them are out of the box hanging from one of the supers. Did I do the wrong thing?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Pam Welcome, Brood box on bottom,supers on top,quit moving boxes,let the bees be bees, have u checked for eggs or larvae to see if your queen is laying? Is it really hot there the bees will hang out on the front p[orch and sometimes beard to cool off in hot or humid weather.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Queen was laying in the middle super yesterday. Plan are to move honey super back to the top move the brood and eggs to the bottom and the comb that has no brood now ,that was at the bottom originally to the middle. I should had ask several experience beekeepers before I made that move. It just did not make any sense to me to start with.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Pam Welcome, Brood box on bottom,supers on top,quit moving boxes,let the bees be bees, have u checked for eggs or larvae to see if your queen is laying? Is it really hot there the bees will hang out on the front p[orch and sometimes beard to cool off in hot or humid weather.
Ditto! Good luck to you Pam.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts