Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started beekeeping in New Zealand in the late 80s while I was in high school, but had to give it up once I went to university. I didn't have to deal with much in the way of pests, and after few years had a couple of monster hives that were prodigious producers of honey and swarms. Finally I took it up again after settling here in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and after attending a couple of workshops by Gunther Hauk. I found the workshops weren't all doom and gloom regarding mites and CCD. I got my nuc of bees with a northern raised queen this July from Yules Apiaries, and they're doing well. My children love to watch, and are fascinated by newly drawn comb. Taking Michael Bush's advice, I'm building and observation hive, which I'll populate next Spring. My daughters can't wait to watch the Queen sit on her throne.

Kiwi.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Welcome! You've come to the right place.

Gypsi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the welcomes.
I have been lurking in beesource since I got the bees, and have found it an unbelievably good resource.
Solved my first run-in with chalk-brood from discussions found here (simply moved my hive to a sunnier location, and opened it up a little for better ventilation).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts