Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added a frame of open brood. I would like to use Michael Bush's suggestion of adding a frame each week for three weeks but the hive I am stealing from isn't that strong yet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go.

Almost forgot, I got to experience something new. I was looking at the bees walking around on my veil when I realized I was looking at all bellies except for one back. She was nice enough to let me remove the veil. That kinda got the heart going.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i agree with honeydreams, my hive to was queenless this year and when an experienced bk came to look at it, he discovered it was queenless. he stated in a matter of a couple of weeks the colony would become less and eventually die off completely. got to have a queen otherwise, no eggs no larvae. which means no new bees to replace the ones that will die. i checked the hive a week later, the workers excepted the new queen and she is busy laying eggs and are developing quite nicely.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I thought about it a day or so and took your advice. I decided to requeen in order to not weaken the other hive. Went with a BeeWeaver queen. Finally got into the hive yesterday to check things out. Eggs and larva everywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts