Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm Mike, from Ohio. Been thinking about this endeavor for years, but always hesitated because I live in town. However, I now have about 4 acres of rural property just right for bees. Bee keeping isn't exactly new to the family, and I have someone to turn to here, biut wanted to sign up for the forum to hear from others.

Best wishes,
Mike

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
I am not sure which is the biggest addiction, bees or beesource.:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome, Organist. Ditto what Acebird said. Reading and studying Beesource has really boosted my excitement about my hives. I've had backyard hives continuously for 30 years, and when Africanized and varroa came around, my interest and excitement waned. But now there's so much more to learn and try, and so many good ideas and help on this source. Beekeeping is more exciting than ever now. Hope you enjoy it.
Becky

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, all, for the warm welcome! I tried on white coveralls today-- might stick with a jacket and veil instead... With my particular build, I can't decide if i look like the stay puff marshmallow man or a snowball with legs. :)

My bee yard has about an acre of grass, and 3 acres of woods. Lots of various trees, honeysuckle, etc. The folks on the neighboring property were happy to hear about the bees because they just planted 15 fruit trees. Fore this year, I just want to see the colonies get strong enough to get through the winter.

Best wishes,
Mike

·
Banned
13,203 Posts
The folks on the neighboring property were happy to hear about the bees because they just planted 15 fruit trees.
Mike, try to get a good relationship with your neighbors so they don't unintentionally poison your bees. Work together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts