Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I am new to beekeeping but have done a good bit of research with some hands on. I am a 28yr old stay at home mom of two wonderful kids. I would like to turn a hobby into a successful business of producing bee's and honey. I would also like to produce my own wooden ware but need to get my table saw put back together. :) I have a small farm where we also raise cows, pigs, and chickens.
To begin with I was actually quite terrified of bees, but after getting some hands on experience I quickly got over that fear and have found I enjoy it very much. I have been encouraged by those who have been in the business a long time to work towards having my own bee business and like the idea of it while being able to stay home with my children and pass on this information and ability to them :)
I am located in Cadiz KY, and would like to attend a beekeepers association meeting, but have yet to be able to find one. I have asked and given my number to many people who claim to be associated and said that they would call and let me know when the next meeting is, but in the last 8mo no one has called with any information and I can't find the information online and don't know who else to ask. If anyone can give me contact info or when/where the next meeting is in the area I would appreciate it very very much. Thanks and hope everyone has a great day!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Pennyrile beekeepers. 2nd Monday at 6:30, Christian county cooperative extension office, 2850 Pembroke rd, Hopkinsville...Contact Jim Hazelrigg at 270 8890019 or T
ony Prettyman 270 348 3675. Also a beekeepers club at Eddyville and Mayfield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pennyrile beekeepers. 2nd Monday at 6:30, Christian county cooperative extension office, 2850 Pembroke rd, Hopkinsville...Contact Jim Hazelrigg at 270 8890019 or T
ony Prettyman 270 348 3675. Also a beekeepers club at Eddyville and Mayfield.
Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to beekeeping. Hope that you are successful in your endeavors to turn your hobby into a business. To encourage you, I quote Abbe Warre: :)

I pity those who keep bees only to earn money. They deprive themselves of a very sweet
enjoyment.
However, money is necessary to live. Money is useful to those who like to spread happiness
around themselves.
Consequently it is justifiable to imagine that this could result from beekeeping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts