Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I am a new forum member and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kieth, yes, same as Keith. My wife Terry and I live in SC and just started beekeeping last year. We started with two nucs last April and split both in June. Had to recombine one split and it is now my strongest hive of the three. I have one weak hive out of second split and one semi strong out of same split. We are going to decide what to do with the weak hive today. Supposed to be near 80 degrees today. Hopefully it will survive. Saw the queen and brood in it two weeks ago. No honey yet except for pieces from errant comb building. Yummy. Getting four packages this March. Will be starting them in 8-frame mediums. I am going to all 8-frame mediums since I have already learned what pain it is to not be able to put frames wherever they are needed. I have been reading the forums for some time now and can't give you all enough praise for taking the time to give your advice and sharing your experience with the rest of us. Keep it up. It is appreciated.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to the group. Read, ask, search, there is a wealth of knowledge on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts