Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I see a vast improvement over the previous mobile version.
Perhaps those who don't like it are using a PC or laptop.
Few have shared what device they are using.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This new forum may be the newest and best out there, but I wonder how many views by users that it has compared to the old forum now and how many in a moth from now.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Anyone else find it distasteful to have a big flashing advertisement next to a post trying to read?

The previous format was more intuitive, this is one tries too hard to be modern, but loses its style in the process.
I’ll give it a chance...for awhile but, at the moment not crazy about it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
This was in the thread, turns out its an advertisement pretending to be a post.

"
Take Control Of Your Kegels
Visual and vibrational biofeedback, progress tracking, and guided workouts
"
Kegels?

Why is the forum trying to trick me?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gonna sound trite maybe, not fond of the format for navigating through on PC, or the flashing ads but the forums are FREE. This is after all just like the big boys' social media sites you know the F and T sites only way smaller. Gotta make $ somehow, right?

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
Can some enlighten me on how to delete messages that are in my profile?
Click the box on the right side of the message/conversation that you wish to delete. The look at the very bottom of the screen for a popup that says "Choose Action". Then select the option of "Leave Conversation".

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm getting hit with pop-ups when ever I try to log in. When I go to the forums, I'm hit with Norton ads saying my subscription is expired and to click and up date (yeah right) This is a new computer , 10th gen I-7 and I had deleted the Norton 30 day trial from the manufacturer the first day. Not getting that on any other forum I'm on and I don't want to get any viruses. What gives?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Whomever owns this forum doesn't seem to care about its userbase getting annoyed with big flashy ads, and then secret posts advertising kegels.

Apparently drugs are advertised here as well.

·
Registered
Two 8-frame Langstroth hives
216 Posts
Hey username you already complained about that, but did you take up advice to install an ad blocker or use a browser like Brave to block the ads?

From what I gather it is futile complaining and your only option is to be proactive and do something about it.

I don’t see a single ad neither here nor in other websites. Now I need a blocker to block people complaining about ads ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found the adds annoying also and installed an add blocker on my iPad however some of my frequently used web sites crashed and have since deleted the add blocker and installed the browser mentioned by Honeyeater above and now all is good, no adds, no probs.
Its a shame to see some on the highly respected beeks shy away from the new format and hope they come around to this progression in time.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts