Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
You can see the poster's location by moving cursor over the poster's avatar. No need to go to the poster's user profile.

I myself surprisingly like the new format.

I think the most serious issue is not being able to see location without going to the member's profile. This will deter responses to questions. I couldn't see location when using my tablet on the old version. If I was in a hurry, I would not offer my suggestions thinking I would get back to it later when home on my laptop. I forgot about 75 percent of the time. J

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
Where can Walt Wrights papers be found? Thanks
Here:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I get an error when trying to view on my cell now. Two different browsers, I still get the same error and can't get into the forum. Seems to coincide with this "upgrade".

·
Registered
Two 8-frame Langstroth hives
214 Posts
No cursor for me, I don’t sit at a computer, I use an iPad for everything,
On an iPad just a light tap on the avatar shows up the location info etc.

If you find me, or anyone else annoying you can click on those 3 dots of that pop-up panel and click "Ignore". 😀 I'm assuming you won't see any posts by that user.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
On an iPad just a light tap on the avatar shows up the location info etc.

If you find me, or anyone else annoying you can click on those 3 dots of that pop-up panel and click "Ignore".
Great tip.
I tested it out - the Ignore feature of the new format actually works BETTER (vs. the old one).

·
Registered
825 Posts
From an android user on a tablet:
Easy to use.
Can see pictures without switching to microscopic desktop version.And then having to switch back.
A cinch to add a picture,where before it was a royal PIA
(This was my test,some sping honey surrounded by knotweed in the fall.
Time: 25 sec)

What is with the points? Prizes?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
Well I guess I'd better leave 'cuz Greg said so. 🖕 :)
With or without you (or me) - the Internet will chug along.
It does not care the least.
So it falls onto us to adapt - there is no choice.
Quote me if you wish, LOL.

·
Registered
Two 8-frame Langstroth hives
214 Posts
Some of you guys really don't like change and am surprised you have moved on from skeps.....😀

Another thing I like on the new interface is the easier quoting. Just highlight or select the part you need to quote and click "reply". No need to quote the whole post. Keeps the threads neater and easier to comprehend.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Probably haven't been here long enough to warrant complaining, but personally I liked the old format far better.

If only I'd waited 6 months longer to find this community, I would never have known the difference ><

·
Registered
403 Posts
The previous format was more intuitive, this is one tries too hard to be modern, but loses its style in the process.
This particular forum software is the current "gold standard" for a huge percentage of online communities and the version here is used across all of the forum sites managed by the forum owner. It's better supported, faster, more secure and more configurable than the previous platform.It also supports mobile devices natively which is critical in today's world. It becomes more intuitive with use. There are some ways to manage your visual experience as have been noted.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts