Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
My goto hunting website changed ownership this week. And just this morning, the site migrated to this forum style. Ads everywhere now. The power of the almighty dolllar.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Try uBlock plug-in with your browser.
I use FireFox with uBlock - no ads.
uBlock reports it already blocked 8 ads on this page alone since I opened it.

So, folks, do keep up with the Internet or get out of it - all I can suggest.
No other way.
Tools are available for you and are very easy to use.

To be fair, I have been complaining of too much screen space wasted.
PITA indeed.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
My goto hunting website changed ownership this week. And just this morning, the site migrated to this forum style. Ads everywhere now. The power of the almighty dolllar.
Ads are easily blocked.
For every argument there is a counter-argument.
:)

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,788 Posts
I had to log out to see all the ads. Yuck. The premium service,19.99/year, eliminates these ads. If you can find a suitable ad-blocker give it a go. The format without the ads is really nice, although I am still learning how to navigate the site.

·
Registered
Two 8-frame Langstroth hives
214 Posts
If you can find a suitable ad-blocker give it a go.
Many browsers (at least Safari) have stuffed up ad blockers and don't really work that well now. Either not blocking much ads, or breaking websites altogether.

I have found the Brave Browser to be the best for privacy and getting rid of annoying ads and trackers, and no need to add any add-ons. Comes ready to rock out of the box. It is available for platforms.

Those trying to make some dough from ad-clicks, including the owners of this forum, may not approve of that though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I just miss being able to see people's location without going into their profile "about" section.

Needs some tweaks but hopefully it gets figured out.

Ad blocker installed so don't see what the OP is complaining about... But couple be annoying without one.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Off topic but I like your Brother Adam quote.

·
Registered
6a 3rd yr 5 production hives 1/ 2 q resource hive
467 Posts
For some reason today fewer ads are showing up. Not sure if the mods did that or my perception is becoming more selective. I like the new format.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I think the most serious issue is not being able to see location without going to the member's profile. This will deter responses to questions. I couldn't see location when using my tablet on the old version. If I was in a hurry, I would not offer my suggestions thinking I would get back to it later when home on my laptop. I forgot about 75 percent of the time. J

1 - 20 of 53 Posts