Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 8 hives
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the monitors.
I was unable to edit my reply after going to Preview. Can you give me info as how to do that?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
I was unable to edit my reply after going to Preview. Can you give me info as how to do that?
You haven't said what kind of device you are using. But on my desktop system, after using the 'Preview' button, I have to scroll UP the screen to see the area where my 'compose message' area is. In other words, the Preview display is below where the edit text/reply window is.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
any way to opt out of certain sub forums?
I hop on this morning and there are 13 new posts for me, toss out the 2 on the format change as outliers and its 11.
out of them i see
Potato cultivation
Presidential debate
voter fraud
covid 19

thats a full 1/3 of the new posts that have no bearing on beekeeping
IIRR you had to ask to join places like the tailgater in the past, seems i got added in the shuffle?

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
What has happened is that the Tailgater forum (which was previously "hidden") is now not hidden and is included in "New Posts". We have asked Admin to change this so it is back the way it was earlier, with Tailgater forum 'hidden'.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You haven't said what kind of device you are using. But on my desktop system, after using the 'Preview' button, I have to scroll UP the screen to see the area where my 'compose message' area is. In other words, the Preview display is below where the edit text/reply window is.
I'm going to try this, but it sounds like you must edit your post before you actually post it...in the 'preview' only.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yep, as I thought....you can only edit a post before it's actually posted. Once posted you can not go back and edit it.......so just 'proof read' your post before clicking the 'post reply' button?

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Of course, you can edit your posts AFTER posting too.
Here:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Thank you, I guess I need to find my way around in this "new normal" world. :unsure:
This "new format" has many new features I like (like the "likes", etc).
But - it is also is wasting lots of screen space - which I hate.
Could be made more dense.

·
Super Moderator
11,003 Posts
The "screen" that you now see on a PC desktop is pretty much the same one that is displayed on a "phone" or tablet device. That is a major change from the previous system. While I previously used both a desktop and an Android phone, the Beesource "mobile" interface was horrible, in my opinion. :) It was so bad that I forced my phone to use the 'desktop' version and just turned the phone sideways to get it to fit.

However, the current XenForo interface on my phone is quite usable as it is essentially the same as the desktop version. So, yes, there is some unused space on my desktop window, and I need to scroll more, but in my ;) view the tradeoff is worth it to get a usable (and familiar) mobile screen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts