Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started beekeeping about 4 years ago and had no one other than folks on this and other forums to ask questions. I've now identified several others from the Amarillo area who are beeks or wanna be beeks. Any suggestions for starting a small club? Since I'm self taught and really still pretty much of a newbee, I'm a bit hesitant to try and start a club. Kind of a blind leading the blind type of a deal, but on the other hand misery loves company - and so do beginning beeks.

·
Banned
840 Posts
I don't know anything about the texas area, but I am assembling a new group in my area as well.

Even if you aren't a 'more experienced" beekeeper, perhaps all the new members would be willing to pitch in and purchase a teaching beekeeping kit such s those offered by Brushy Mountain or other places.

As long as at least one of you has some practical experience with actually handling bees, you can help others to feel comfortable with some of the activities.

Plus, other benefits could be going in together if you plan to buy packages, or equipment (share the cost of shipping) and so on.

Big Bear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts