Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first time in the hives for the grandsons today. the just 6 year old helped do a newspaper combine. a late nuc and a queen-less hive that got a queen the same time the nuc got started, still a lot of bees but they seem insistant on being queen-less. the nuc had a couple of full frames of capped brood. the 4 year old was interested in running the smoker, also touching the bees, he had gloves on. it all went well. the boys like burr comb honey. the 1 year old watched until another year, always watching what his cousins are up to.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the beekeeping with the helpers got even better, chicken diner, corn on the cob, apple pie with a cheddar cheese wedge with a grandson squirming in my lap. life is pretty good.. a couple of deeps to extract with the helpers tomorrow. I stuck a 4th. deep on one of the mann-lake packages from the reduced for quick sale dept.,today they are doing real well, past due for more room.... life was good today.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I just bought a full suit that fits my 5 and 9 year olds. My son (5) went over earlier this week for a full inspection and he loved it, stood right in there and was never frightened one time. My daughter went back later in the week while I added a super. She was a little more timid but both are asking everyday when the can go back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts