Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm a new beekeeper in Bay City, MI. I'm 31 years old, and my 7 year old daughter is to blame for the family's new obsession. I also have a friend, Brad, that started a year ago.

Funny, when I told my wife what I was planning to do, she said "this may be the dumbest thing you've done.... There's no way I'm having anything to do with this stupid hobby." Now, less than a month later, she's so enamored with the little ladies, that she's already made plans to try a topbar hive and fill it with Russians for next spring.

Hopefully, I can keep my girls going thru the winter, and maybe get a little honey from them....

Oh, I also forgot to mention, I plan on not using any chemicals with my bees. I'd like to keep them as untainted as possible...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no, no "soon to be obsession" about it... it's already full blown... I'm jumping in with both feet. In fact, I'm in the process of getting a feral Colony (capitalized because it's freakin' huge) out of a tree up the road from my house.... who does that a month after they start?!?! I think I have a fever of some sort....:shhhh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts