Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never kept bees before but now i cant stop expanding my knowledge and my apiary. this is the first year for me and i dont know how the flow is in the 9a zone desert here but im hoping for a good year and live bees next year. Ive done alot of information gathering and research on bees and find more and more all the time. As far as equipment i dont think it matters what i use as long as the bees are happy, obviosly I use langstroth but i have eights and ten framers, 3 frame and 5 frame nucs aswell as double sided nucs made from ten framers. i plan on using the brother Adam 10 + 10 plan as described by Micheal Palmer but there is much to be done. i do hope and plan to continue to keep bees and make it commercial however the regulation here is unlike anywhere in the us we dont even have a bee inspector out here and if anyone knows any az beekeeping laws please let me know. i understand there is alot of problems with beekeeping today, many diseases and pests, efb, afb, nosema, varroa, ccd and many others however i will stay my course. i would like to bring large amounts of bees to every part of the planet if i can and believe that we must help our freinds the bees through good bee breeding and carefull managment. i thank all beekeepers just for keeping bees and for welcoming me to this community.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have never kept bees before but now i cant stop expanding my knowledge and my apiary. this is the first year for me and i dont know how the flow is in the 9a zone desert here but im hoping for a good year and live bees next year. Ive done alot of information gathering and research on bees and find more and more all the time. As far as equipment i dont think it matters what i use as long as the bees are happy, obviosly I use langstroth but i have eights and ten framers, 3 frame and 5 frame nucs aswell as double sided nucs made from ten framers. i plan on using the brother Adam 10 + 10 plan as described by Micheal Palmer but there is much to be done. i do hope and plan to continue to keep bees and make it commercial however the regulation here is unlike anywhere in the us we dont even have a bee inspector out here and if anyone knows any az beekeeping laws please let me know. i understand there is alot of problems with beekeeping today, many diseases and pests, efb, afb, nosema, varroa, ccd and many others however i will stay my course. i would like to bring large amounts of bees to every part of the planet if i can and believe that we must help our freinds the bees through good bee breeding and carefull managment. i thank all beekeepers just for keeping bees and for welcoming me to this community.
I'm starting top bar hives to balance my langstroth hives- nice change here in SE Az/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts