Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
It's a neat video and website, but is this lady anti-male? It's nothing but women. Not that I have a problem with that, but it's just strange that it's nothing but women.

·
Registered
52 Posts
According to the film maker's website, she has a husband. Don't think she qualifies as a man hater.

Maybe she just wanted to make a movie about female beekeepers...

I look forward to seeing it.

Edited to add:

One thing I find kind of strange is that she expects groups who are going to show the movie free of charge to pay three times as much for it as individual viewers do. Maybe it's a film industry thing, but it seems funny to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One thing I find kind of strange is that she expects groups who are going to show the movie free of charge to pay three times as much for it as individual viewers do. Maybe it's a film industry thing, but it seems funny to me.

Yeah, that's a pretty standard thing, especially for small film companies and non profits. The cost to make a film is pretty insane, even a small independent film. So to help offset some of that cost you end up charging more for home use or educational use. If you're buying it for your home, 20 bucks, no problem. But, if it's going to be used in a classroom, a library, or even a bee club for years and years then it is reasonable to pay a little bit more. The amount she's asking for isn't too bad. I've seen companies charge 20 bucks for personal use and 300 for institutional.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I could view the trailer. You may have a popup blocker? Try holding down the CTRL button on the keyboard and then click on the video. Or your media player may not be working, or you don't have a compatible media player....the trailer is very brief. The neatest part is when the woman is actually petting a swarm of bees.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Loonerone, magista and tigger - Thank you for the kind words. They made my day.

sqkcrk - Yes! Check and snail mail are fine. Please email me for more info. I'll reply with snail mail instructions.

NewbeeNnc - You're right, it is kind of out of the ordinary to find a beekeeping video featuring all women. That's partly why I decided to make one. (BTW, I read your comment out loud to my husband. We both laughed. Thank you for that. ;))

localwhale - Thank you for explaining the two usage rates, public/educational and private.

With care and gratitude,

Laura Tyler, Director
SISTER BEE
http://www.SisterBee.com

·
Registered
508 Posts
Ms. Laura,

I'm glad I could provide you with some humor. I did like the video but a little into it, I was like, where are the dudes. :). Anyway happy beekeeping to you and yours.

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Ms. Laura,

I'm glad I could provide you with some humor. I did like the video but a little into it, I was like, where are the dudes. :). Anyway happy beekeeping to you and yours.
That's really funny, because when I go to bee meetings I often wonder, "Where are the women?". And often find them off by themselves talking all sorts of stuff other than bees. Men seem to be able to focus on only one thing at a time. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.