Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
I received the first copy of “2 Million Blossoms” today, editor Dr. Kirsten Traynor. Articles written by Rusty Burlew, Kim Flottum, Dr Marla Spivak, and many others. You can check it out on their website https://www.2millionblossoms.com/quarterly-magazine
I’m not sure what category this thread should be placed.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
yikes.....
3rd piece on the web site is about seed bombing parks and cemeterys, guerrilla gardening on an industrially scale for personal profit, and this is held up as good beekeeping behavior?
I can tell this mag isn't going to be my kind of thing

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the right link? Here’s the Tableof Contents:
1- The Way to Water by Craig Childs - A naturalist in search of water follows bees to a previous source in the desert
2- Collective Thirst - by Madeleine M Ostwald - A scientist describes how honey bees experience thirst and forage for water
3- Beyond Blooms - by Amy Yarger - the importance of adding structure to pollinator habitats
4- Beyond the Hive - by Rusty Burlew - an exploration of the ethics in beekeeping
5- Digging It - by Kim Flottum - Explore the good, the bad, and the ugly when planting pollinator gardens
6- The Parsley Plant and the Swallowtail - by Janet Lanza - what’s that caterpillar munching on the kitchen herbs?
7- Bee Hotels - by Kit Prendergast - a boon or a botch for boosting native bees
8- Whats Bugging - by Rusty Burlew - a regular column that introduces readers to lesser known pollinators

I think this sounds like a very informative magazine. Deb

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I received the first copy of “2 Million Blossoms” today, editor Dr. Kirsten Traynor. Articles written by Rusty Burlew, Kim Flottum, Dr Marla Spivak, and many others. You can check it out on their website 2MilliomBlossoms.com
I’m not sure what category this thread should be placed.
Spelling error in link. Should be 2millionBlossoms.com

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I guess we should fix up a squadron power gliders, Cessnas, or even U-2 aircraft to "cropdust" California's fire areas with native seeds. A bicycle would take a century. :lpf:

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess we should fix up a squadron power gliders, Cessnas, or even U-2 aircraft to "cropdust" California's fire areas with native seeds. A bicycle would take a century. :lpf:
:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts