Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I had a sweet young lady crawl up my leg last month. She was sweet enough to allow me to walk away from the hive, drop my pants and brush her off without stinging me... I've got a feeling SNL was not that lucky. :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I hope your immunity level was up, or things could get a little miserable for a few days.... I got stung just above my lip 2 days ago, and it swelled to about the size of a quarter for a few hours and then went away. Yeah, my immunity is still high enough to keep it to a minimum. Not even any itch so far.

·
Vendor
Local feral survivors in eight frame medium boxes.
54,192 Posts
She must have been determined. Until Levi's got ridiculously expensive, I always wore 501s and never had a mishap related to the fly... a few stings on the knees now and then and of course, the occasional one up the pant leg...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the laugh! You brightened my day. :eek::)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I tend to wear my jeans until they fall apart. One such pair had pretty much latticed over the thighs of both legs and, forgetful as I tend to be, I donned my veil and never gave my "airconditioned" jeans a thought--until the ladies discovered all the lovely holes!!!

Won't make that mistake again.

:pinch:

Rusty

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I wear 501s every day and never noticed a problem. If I do wear a veil, it is usually a jacket, and probably protects much fly to some extent.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wear my bdu pants quite often. Yes I am a little nervous, but for some reason Lynn's bee love to be close to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts