Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got four queens from a guy they have been caged for a few days. I would like to stick them in a hive in their cages and get them fed up by the bees. Can I stick them in a hive up on top of the inner cover for a few hours. I know you can bank queens above a queen excluder and the bees will take care of them. i just need a temporary place to get them taken care of for a bit. Any suggestions

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I think a currently queenright hive would not be very acceptive of some caged queens excluder or not. If the attendants are alive I don't see any issues, but you could pull a 2 frame nuc, let it sit for an hour and throw the queens in there.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive got some two frame nucs that have been queenless for several days but Ive got other queens going in them today. I may have a small queen less hive I will have to drive a ways to that yard. They had some queen cells in there the other day but I need to see if one has emerged or not. If one hasnt I could use that hive. I know guys bank queens above an excluder in a queenright hive or at least i thought they did that.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could pull a two frame nuc pretty quick i may do that. Or I guess I could get some more attendants and throw in the box

1 - 4 of 4 Posts