Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys ever have residual bees after a cutout? I did a cutout on Wednesday that was honeybound and potientally queen less. I know some folks will leave the hive there for a day or so and take it at night. I didn't want to do that because I was concerned that they might move back into the cavity where I removed them since they were probably queen less.

The homeowner called me back today and said that there were 10-15 bees outside near where the hive was. He said he sprayed a little ant killer on some black ants and 100 or so bees came out of the cavity.

I vacuumed all of the bees out that I could see during the cutout. When I was done there wasn't but 10-15 milling around outside. I wanted to spray some bee quick under the house just to drive out any stragglers, but the homeowner had left and I couldn't get back into the basement.

Guess there was a pocket somewhere in there where they were hiding. Going to go back after dark and vac out any stragglers I see. Any other ideas?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.