Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my 9-frame radial. Both Rossman and Brushy Mountain have it back ordered, but no delivery expected for a long time. anybody know of a vendor that has one on hand?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try this... get a 1/2" corded variable drill and a router control box (harbor freight)... remove handle / pulley attach drill to shaft plug into router control box..plug into wall... push in and lock the drill switch then use router control to start / spin drill... this is what I use for a Maxtant 3200 radial works well and not so expensive..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. I might give that a try. You said "remove handle / pulley attach drill to shaft" What do you mean "pulley attach" Is drive belt required? How do you lock drill in place so it doesn't turn?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have my drill attached directly to the basket shaft, it is held in place (so it don't spin) by some metal strapping that I made a loop around the drill and secured to one of the bolts that held the drive belt cover... you'll have to divise something to work depending on how yours is setup... the drivebelt and related stuff is not needed... you should have a bearing that holds the top of the basket shaft, then the shaft sticks up in out the top

1 - 5 of 5 Posts