Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have one hive that is for sure queenless. Took a queen from another hive and place her temporarily on top of the queenless hive. Wow, were the girls loving on this new queen. Sadly, I had to put her back in her hive.

Problem...I cannot find anyone with a queen!! All sold out. Have called from Ga to Ca...Haven't had the swarm cell to transfer either.

Anyone know of ANY queens for sale ANYWHERE????

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Need a daggum queen!

I hear ya...but I don't what to keep stealing frames from other hives as the flow cranks up here.

I need a daggum queen! I really don't want to combine.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

How bout 2 queen orders?

·
Registered
16 Posts

I have got some to cage friday or saturday, to put more cells in nucs. How far are you from Cullman. Tim

·
Registered
6,738 Posts

I think you are missing a good opportunity here. Just as in politics, so in beekeeping sometimes, never waste an emergency! I'd take a frame of eggs from the strong one and give to the weak one. The weak one should raise a queen just fine from your description of their actions when you laid a queen on top. As they are raising the queen, with decreasing brood population needing to be fed, in a nectar flow with worker bees bringing in nectar, you should be able to pull in a great haul of honey. By the time the nectar flow is over, you'll be having a new queen coming online to start raising brood so you'll have bees of age when the next nectar flow starts.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Tim,
I'm just in Chelsea/Sterrett area of north Shelby county. Happy to make the drive up if you do have a couple of queens.

Jeff

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tim,
Do you have any more queens. I need a couple. I sent you a PM. I am in Decatur and could drive down to get them thanks.

Lawson

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did end up finding a couple of queens here in Alabama.

Our fellow member "Hartwig" bailed me out. He's a great guy and has some really good looking queens. Both the ladies are doing super so far! I would recommend him if you need any. Got a quick little tour of his place. I drove off VERY jealous!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts