Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
near Atlanta. I read on an Ga Extension Service publication that the Tulip Poplar flow ends in mid-May - and the next flow they had was in very late summer. Is there no nectar flow in the Atlanta/N. Georgia area now? I installed my bees two weeks ago and I don't want them to starve.

·
Registered
300 Posts
IF you are in N. Ga. I would think Sourwood would be next. You should keep feeding them at least until they draw out the foundation for what you intend for their brood nest to be, 1.5 or 2 story.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hey Key, there is still a flow rolling. I have Blackberries blooming still and privet. I think we have a couple or 3 weeks left, especially with this rain that we have gotten!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, I have a lot of blackberry vines on my land. Right now most of the blooms are gone and the berries are green. Thanks for the advice, I'm glad to know that something is blooming.

I got a little worried when I saw a worker toss a drone out today. Pretty funny seeing a little worker man handle big drone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im in the northeast atlanta area and my bees are still puting it on. the honey flow is strong and I added more supers three days ago and they are still puting up some realy great clear honey. The Tulip Poplar was washed out this year I got very little Amber Nectar Im gonna pull supers end of first week of june, put entrance reducers and feed until they double in size and then split away:D

·
Registered
717 Posts
White lawn clover is also going gang-busters - much to the dismay of the perfect-lawn neighbors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts