Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just an aside.
The honeyflow is definately on in the Piedmont Triad area. The girls are hard at work filling up my supers.
Also, the report of the first swarm was received this past weekend.

Kurt

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm in the RTP area.

Kurt - what are your bees bringing in? Tulip Poplar hasn't started blooming yet (at least not in north Raleigh). Crimson clover is just beginning to bloom.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wish I had a few hives in the city of Greensboro. Just spent some time working through some hives there and all hives (packages started March 27) were drawing comb and bringing in large quantities of nectar. One package had already drawn 1 deep and 2 mediums completely and filled them out with lots of honey. Much of it was already capped.
If weather cooperates, this could be a good year!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I am interested in getting into beekeeping once my family and I move into our new home outside of Sanford, NC. I have been in lurk mode for serveral months reading and learning.
Spoon

·
Registered
252 Posts
Come on board Spoon!
A great hobby that will really challenge you.
If you wait too much longer, you may want to wait until the spring of next year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!
I am planning on starting next spring. This will give me more time to read up on things, find some other local beekeepers in my area, join the local beekeeping group. This will also give me some time to scrounge up some material for building some TBH, which is the route I would like to go.
I have learned a bunch so far!! Everyone here is great!
Spoon

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here in Stanley, NC the popular and blackberries are starting to bloom. Anybody else starting to see any kind of flow?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts