Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
We get a little Tallow Tree Honey that I (and many people) think has a spicy, cinnamon taste to it. Also my wife claims the late season wildflower has a "spicy kick" to it - I don't taste the "kick" and couldn't guess the nectar source on that one.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The cinnamon tasting honey I had came from extreme north North Dakota or in Canada just north of the border. I received it from a beek who keeps on both sides of the line. I don't remembe his name, and I can't find the old posts from the now gone trading forum.

I agree. I bought some from a beekeeper here close by that had a friend bring him a barrel from N. Dakota. Great honey!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I signed up just to practice necromancy on this thread.. I have 5lbs of Members Mark honey(Sam's Club brand) that I bought a few months back for my storage to try out before committing to a large order. My mom opened one and likes it. It tastes like a stick of big red cinnamon bubble gum to me. It is clover honey. I haven't eaten it on anything. My dad says it tastes like cinnamon too. He didn't even realize it was honey. My mom says she doesn't taste it. She said it tastes like Sue bee whopper butter honey her grandma put on her biscuits 50 years ago. I've got a dozen types of honey at the house and I've had thousands of different brands and types. Never tasted cinnamon in it.

It was purchased in Knoxville some time this year. It is being distributed from out west and is 100% USA

Just thought I'd add to the thread for those who ask the question down the line.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts