Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
I have a coonhound name Wabash Canonball (Bash for short) and had a weiner dog named slinky.
Best guardians of the house and apiary on the planet.

Registered
Love some of these names! For a bk name, my favorite is Sting (or Stinger) or Buzz. We've had several dogs with all different names (of course), but none were "bee" relevant names. Our most creative name was for a White German Shephard pure-breed. We've had a couple of them, and wanted our first to have a really "German sounding" name, so we named her Weib Liesl von [Last name]. The "weib" part is the German word for "white," pronounced "vice." So she was our "White Liesl." The rest is our last name.

Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
So a dog name thread gets dredged up and it off to the (dog)races. Hope that Buzz is doing well. My current dog is named Luke, which by pure coincidence is the name of my local bee inspector. Previous dogs have been Coulton, Kira, Kayla, Carley, Cody, and Smokey. We adopted Smokey, a Chow, so did not name him ourselves. With a nod to Rob, we had Shepherds in the past and they ALWAYS got a German name. Our first was Wilhelmina, but we called her Willi. My sister's current dog is Liebe, and before that Teufel. My brother's dog is named Doug, which is really DOG, but he did not want to hurt the dog's feelings so he made it sound like a real name.

Registered
Yeah, that "Recommended Reading" at the bottom of each page does dredge up a lot of old threads, which I would wager, is probably the point. :)

Alex

Premium Member
Thanks for the input, I really enjoy it. Skep, yeah that'll be funny. It is a male. A hunting dog, bigger in size.

My former dog names were: Corrie (Netherland for: heart), Rusty, Mindy, Sam, Jack, Firn, Crisscross and Crash.
Apis.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts