Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious how other beekeepers call their dogs, I mean by their name. Trying to find an appropriate name for my new dog puppy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
I call my dog all kinds of names. Some can even be metioned on a family forum. I call her bug, doomus (my slang for dumb aw well you get it), shadow, idjit, idiot and a bunch more that can't be mentioned. Her given name before my kid got tired of her was piper.
Good luck
gww

Ps Tell us what you decide on.

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Maby queeny if it is a girl. From you posting thats probly how she will be treated, like royalty, mine is.
gww

·
Registered
694 Posts
Well, the obvious is "Sting". Of course that name is already taken, but hey, maybe your dog will turn out to be a rock star, too! At least in your eyes.

·
Registered
765 Posts
call me old fashion named my horse honey lol

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
My dogs Darcy and Skittles. My cats Thelma and Louise. My horses Easy style (easy) and Big streak of hot luck, (Luke) Like JohnBbeejohn I am old fashion.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Fritz, Hans, Claus

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
How about Beeb? Pronounce like beb.
For a male I would call it dronny.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
the list from present going backwards
Tuck (also known as Tuck Mangione or Tuck everlasting) airedale
Neosho (lab heeler mutt)
Ferdinand (airedale)
Mudd (airedale)
Cowdog (the best dog ever)terrier collie coyote mix
Early (wolf hybrid)
Peaches(shepard cross pound dog)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the input, I really enjoy it. Skep, yeah that'll be funny. It is a male. A hunting dog, bigger in size.

My former dog names were: Corrie (Netherland for: heart), Rusty, Mindy, Sam, Jack, Firn, Crisscross and Crash.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Then call him Pointy like the bee sting. Ouchie!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I have a friend who named his Yorkshire "Herkules". Since he is so small people don´t see him outdoors.
When my friend calls his name people are frozen with fear thinking a Rottweiler is coming and then this small dog appears around the corner....very nice.

Mine are Sam and Mickey but Mickey I call "Knödel". He is not fat but looks like that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I give my dogs old-fashioned people names. Chester, Roscoe, Nellie. But I'm thinking of going a different route next time since I like birddogs. How about 'Goose' or Gans for a retriever?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts