Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi both my hives are now on wooden stands that sit on top of 4 concrete pavers each. I was wondering will the larva fall on them and work their way to the ground. Im pretty sure one hive is lost to SHB it was a new nuc alil over a month ago and isn't looking good. But I still want to try and prevent the problem from happening again. I thought of jus putting a square cooking tin foil thing under them with water or mineral oil or what not under them since I do have screened bottom boards. Any help will be appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Im pretty sure one hive is lost to SHB it was a new nuc alil over a month ago and isn't looking good. Any help will be appreciated!!!!
I had similar situation. New nuc got slimed out. The Queen was still there so I took out the slimed frames and added some clean frames from another hive or two. Since this hive had been slimed and robbed out, I did have to feed them (still am). It's been a month now and it's made a slow recovery but it's still alive and getting stronger. Check for your queen...if still there...there is a chance still.
As for the SHB.......nasty pest that is gonna be a constant battle for me. oil traps inside and at bottom are so far the only tools. Check-mite is a pesticide that kills them inside the hive. Havent tried that as of yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.