Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
That's a great photo. Maybe wevneed need to start a stickie with posts and our pictures of our kids working the bees and their hives..... next generation of beeks

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
I can picture him with a semi-load of bees in 10 or 15 years... :)

Nice photo.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yep, always nice to see the young and upcoming beeks. My 5 year old got some gear recently and he is chomping at the bit to put it on and help me outside. It's a little big, but I have not had a chance to check the bees like I have want to, seems like everytime I get a chance, I get a swarm call. Picked up 2 this AM. Gotta call for a 3rd, but I gotta get ready for the job that is paying the bills (for now). Guess theres always tomorrow.

Craig

·
Registered
97 Posts
We have 6 little ones, the oldest is 8. The older 4 are always wanting to help and my second oldest just turned 7 and he loves it! He gets into the hives faster than I get out of the truck!:D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Very cool! Thank you for sharing this picture. I showed it to my daughters, it makes them less apprehensive about being involved in my beekeeping venture. I would love to see a thread of kids beekeeping, it is very inspirational :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just hope he is still interested after he gets his first sting. He pestered me last year about messing with the bees and I finally gave in this year and bought him some gear. So far it has really captivated his interest. Talks about it all the time now. I also think a special link for kids would be great. Thanks for all the nice comments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts