Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,793 Posts
It really is. And written by someone with more direct knowlege of the slave trade than most. I doubt many of the people that blame whites for slavery realize that their ancestors were slaves before they ever saw a white man. Perhaps more people should read Alex Haley's novel "Roots", or at least see the movie. As vile as slavery was, it was going on long before Europeans became involed. What I did find suprising was that even into the late 19th century, slave traders in Africa could be considered respectable businessmen.

·
Super Moderator
Aylett, VA 10-frame double deep Langstroth
5,793 Posts
I thought about mentioning that the Israelite's were enslaved by the Egyptians and that there are numerous other casual mentions of slavery throughout the Old Testament used solely to denote a person's status in society. Does not make it right by today's standards, but it is what it was and trying to rewrite history will still not alter the fact.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I thought about mentioning that the Israelite's were enslaved by the Egyptians and that there are numerous other casual mentions of slavery throughout the Old Testament used solely to denote a person's status in society. Does not make it right by today's standards, but it is what it was and trying to rewrite history will still not alter the fact.
Yes. I agree wholeheartedly. And in Jesus’ time also; slaves were mentioned as being equal in Gods eyes, salvation and forgiveness for everyone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts