Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This invention might very well sweep my name onto the list of comparable figures in the beekeeping world of this era - Langstroth, Warre, Kelley, Adam, Dadant, Palmer, Bush, odfrank. And once again, like Emil Warre, I submit it to the beekeeping world without one straw of selfishness or self gain, no patent, no copyrights, no secrets. And not only that, I name it not after myself, but after my good friend Charlie Blevins, president of the San Francisco Beekeepers Club. A man who holds all non Langstroth topbar hives in disdain and ridicule. Presenting the:

BLEVINS BUSHKILL WARRE ADAPTER BOX

This box will allow an 8 frame Bushkill vac to be used to vac into Warre boxes. Here is a link to it's complete photo album:

http://s156.photobucket.com/user/od...ns - Bushkill Warre Adaptor Box?sort=3&page=1

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I think a family intervention is in order for you Ollie!

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
Just imagine what you could come up w/ had you more time on your hands. Actually, don't imagine. Ha!! How about a video so we can see and hear it in action. Looks almost Rube Goldbergian.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
All them letters you could have made it say something (like BAD MTHR) I would want to build the bad mother!

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
34,542 Posts
o d frank? It always has sounded like odd frank in my mind. Good to know. Thanks, oh dee.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use a lot of warre hives. I used the basic idea of a Bushkills vacuum set, but Warre hive sized.. I believe you will be held up in history, not as a beekeeping great but right up there with Christ , The Buddha, Alexander the Great, and Napolean. Minions will hang on your every word. All hail!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Mark and Harley,

Your initial impressions were correct, odd is a perfect description.

image.jpg

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I'm thinking about buying this professional beevac for Ollie so he doesn't embarrass himself showing up to a cutout with the contraptions he's "invented".

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
This thread is creepin me out. Ollie, Tomkat, Charlie B....do you guys hunt ducks? Those names are all from the duck chat forum I used to live on. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts