Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
That is one of the insert blades for a Dado Cutter. I have a set I bought back in the 50's. You can add more cutters to make a wider cut.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Your picture does not show us the blade enough to see its shape. I agree it might look like a dado blade with a wide tooth. And it is sitting on what looks like a table saw.

·
Registered
673 Posts
The arbor size looks like it fits on a table saw or skill saw, so the jig would have to be some sort of 15 degree slant base board where one would either move the piece or move the skill saw. I cannot see where it would fit on a shaper or drill; unless we aren’t seeing all the parts.

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're seeing the entire tool (blade). It is mounted on a table saw arbor...

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
Yeah right....show us the entire tool turned on edge.

·
Registered
887 Posts
that thing looks like it would take chunks of wood out....does it work well? Did you make it or is it a bought blade, I have never seen one like it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think it is a dado finger that has been modified to cut hand holes in boxes the depth of cut is adjusted by raising the cutter up and down. it is fitted on a table saw with stops ,so all the hand hole cut out will be in the correct position on the boxes

·
Vendor
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Give some more beeks a chance to reply and I'll post a pic of the actual handhold it cuts.........

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Give some more beeks a chance to reply and I'll post a pic of the actual handhold it cuts.........
By your remarks and title of thread, I would guess it's a hand hold cutter for hive boxes used on a table saw. Of course you wouldn't want to drop a chuck of wood on that thing without any holding jig, and with two cutter heads I am guessing you'd want to feed slowly. I would assume tilting the cutter in the saw would make a nice hand hold.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts