Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I've bottled. Ever.

Honey Pic

This is what I got from one frame I stole the other day from my best hive. The rest of the super is about ready to be removed. This is chunk honey, mostly clover, from Alpharetta, GA. It's not pretty, and won't win any awards, but man, is it good!! I also have a piece of comb in a tupperware container sitting on the breakfast table. The rest was crush and strain. My wife wasn't a fan of the mess, but I wanted to figure out what I was doing with one frame before I had an entire super to deal with!
Thanks for all the advice on this site!
Steve

[ July 09, 2006, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Mountaineerfan ]

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
now ain't that sweet? and I ain't just talkin' about the honey, but the feelin' of accomplishment of havin' you first honey in a very nice glass jar. set it up in a sunny window and don't it just look like a sparkin' jewel?

well done and a nice color too! just mentioning color will get you into a heated debate with about every beekeeper I know. award winner?? well I don't know.... in my mind the real question has always been how does it look and taste.

once again well done and thanks for sharing the pictures.

you must be a WVU supporter?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Nice job!! And as tecumseh says, ain't that sweet. Nothing in the world compares to that first harvest, something you'll remember for the rest of your life. Congrats!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts