Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first hive is up and going- it's a TBH, basically the one from Barefoot Beekeeping. I put package of BeeWeaver in there this past Saturday afternoon, checked it yesterday (Tuesday) to see if the queen was out of her cage, and the whole left side of my hive is full of comb! Had to let the queen out, btw. Anyway, we are so very excited seeing all that perfect white comb hanging there, feels like we've really got a hive. And the bees are going nuts with all of our blooms.

So quick question- I reduced the entrance to one hole when I introduced the package, so when can I open the other holes up again?

·
Registered
760 Posts
it will be at least a month -

whats going to happen is a package of bees is 3lbs of bees that are dieing
so as they store necter and pollen they are dieing off at about 500-1000 per day - at this rate they need all the protection since there will be no "new" bees for at least 25-30 days after a install

so id leave the entrance the way it is until they are booming!!!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Congratulations on all the NEW comb. Outstanding. I can't wait to get my nucs in a the next week or so. The blooms around Texas are just booming and I can't wait to get started. All I need now are the nucs. Everything else is ready.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts