Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

My easy SBB (heavy pic load)

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  AmericasBeekeeper 
#1 ·
This is how I make my SBB’s using a standard 2x4. I use 8’ - 2x4’s. You will get one SBB plus one extra 22” side from one. Cost about $2 (not including the # 8)

First start out with 2 pcs each. 22” and 13 1/4"

I hammer the the 2 sides (22") to the back (13 1/4") first.

The trick to making the entrance is to lay a scrap 2x4 down. Lay the other 13 1/4" on top of it. This creates a 1/2" entrance opening.

Pic of the back:

I don't have any #8 to show, but I cut it to 16" x 20" and staple it around the outside and back. At the front. Make one cut right where the 13 1/4" meets the 22" board. This allows you to staple the #8 at that point and along the front making a nice tight fit.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
For those using a sticky board. Simply turn the rear 13 1/4" up.

Top view:

Here is a rear pic of a sticky type on top of a regular type.

Here I just drew a line to show. You can make a cut down the length of the 22" sides to make a gap to slide your sticky board in. Obviously make this cut prior to assembling the SBB.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
You could make flashing brackets easily to fit there instead of cutting the grove. I like that.

Actually I meant to pay amige to you Ross in my first post. It's looking at your site and design that I came up with mine. I don't have all the nice equipment and had to really dummy it down. You do make a sweet SBB board. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.