Premium Member
9,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who was involved in the Mpls
bee semi truck crash today?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The fire dept spraying the bees too keep them down also probably saved any colonies that didn't drop off the truck by keeping the nets wet and cool. Bet you could pick up a couple of swarms from the area in a few days.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Just a note. The bee hauler was not the cause of the crash. The semi hauling the bees and the two following cars had slowed or maybe even stopped due to traffic congestion. The semi coming up behind, for some reason, didn't stop and hit the two cars and then the semi with the bees.

I heard about the incident on the local public radio station. They were pretty clear about the loss of life and really didn't make the bees out to be a huge deal except that the first responders had difficulty doing their jobs while getting stung.

It was a hot day here with temps in the mid 90s and the dew point in the low 70s. We actually set a record high temp for the date. It was hard on the responders to have to wear their full turn-out gear to keep from being stung too much.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Although I feel bad for whomever died and their family, but I sure hope it wasn't the bee hauler. Anybody know?

Edit: I should have read the links, looks like the bee hauler is ok... but the lady that died was pregnant with their first child... My heart and prayers go out to her husband.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts