Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and happy to be a new member. My last round with hurricanes caused me some serious problems... had to leave Louisiana for Alabama and now, thank the Good Lord, I have a job in Texas... I start January 4th. I will be living in the West Houston area and would like to take at least 2 of my 5 hives with me. I don't believe I can keep them in the subdivision. Does anyone know of a public garden or a farmer that would welcome 2 hives on the property? I would take care of them... just need a place for them. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I'll probably have to take them to a friend's place in Mississippi until I figure something out. In reference to the other 3... well I believe 2 might not have a queen, and not sure the 3rd one is strong even to make it through winter. I feel 2 will make it through winter... maybe 3... I would be very surprised if all 5 make into spring but doubt it.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Try placing an add on craigslist.com, for the local area you are moving too, for anyone interested in a couple hives on their property. You might get a good response as it's a local add.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Howdy. Welcome to the forum and to Texas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts