Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Rodney, I live in northern Utah. This will be my first year as a Beek, I started out with the backyard beekeeper book and have since read everything I could get my hands on. After a few weeks perusing Michael Bush's website I have decided to follow many of his methods, they just make sense to me.

Anyway, I have gotten all my hive stuff built, converted my screened bottoms to a closed system so I can use top entrances and have ordered some Mann Lake 4.95 small cell frames, so now i'm simply waiting for the time to pass till I can pick up my bees, this is where my question comes in.

I ordered 2 5-frame deep Carniolan Nucs, from a local bee farm about 60 miles from my house. This was back before I decided to go with all medium boxes. I have 2 deep boxes to accomodate the frames once I get them. I would just like some advice oh how and when to move the colony over to the medium frames and medium supers. Any advice would be helpful

Thank You in Advance.

Rodney.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Rodney,

You may call your supplier and see if they will change your nuc order to a medium frame nuc if it is not to late. I decided to go medium and called my supplier and they said no problem.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts