1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
making 2400 a hive

·
Registered
192 Posts
Either way I'd be irate if I was him too... What has this world come to when even a beekeeper has to worry about another one taking hives vs helping each other keep them alive... Just sayin..

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Seems as though the guy definitely overstated the value, but I'd be madder than a mashed cat if someone stole some of my hives. Heck I'd be that mad if anything got stolen. I'd give anybody the shirt off my back but I hate a thief.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Either way I'd be irate if I was him too... What has this world come to when even a beekeeper has to worry about another one taking hives vs helping each other keep them alive... Just sayin..
beekeepers are different than the rest of society? and are to be held in such high regard? some universal code of beekeeper conduct?

Or, each is an individual and conducts himself accordingly, the good, bad and ugly.

just saying.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Don't know about this one. Another beekeeper showed up at his yard with the police previously looking for their stolen hives? I like how the story says he is moving them to keep them safe.......ummm or he's a migratory beekeeper.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Devil dog - someone could grab your branded hive - have enough equipment to swap it out overnight/next day - then burn your branded boxes and you would never know the difference - that's what's happening in California from what I hear from one of my buddy's that run bees out there. that's one of the reasons I don't do pollinating

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I used to as well - now I don't have the time - plastic frames don't brand to ez
Branded frames - and a grinder - brand gone - if not - junk them

·
Registered
192 Posts
A few years ago we had a fellow up the road from us that ended up going to his hives and everything looked normal until he opened them and they were empty. No frames... No bees... Nothing!!!
why???? It still blows me away thinking about why and how others think?? No conscience???

Society has changed to the point that you wonder where everyone is coming from..
Sitting down at dinner as a family and discussing your day isn't happening anymore and I wish life was the way it used to be.....

Sorry for the rant...

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I am sorry for the loss too but none of this is new or news. People have been doing this since the dawn of time. With all the instant access to news from around the world, we are hammered with bad news constantly so it seems like it is rampant.

Perhaps the thief learned it from his bees. My bees will rob from their neighbors without a second thought.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Society has changed to the point that you wonder where everyone is coming from..
Changed? Yeah.

Robbery rates are about 40% of what they were 30 years ago (250 per 100K in 1980, just under 100 now)

Pretty much every category of crime has gone down consistently for a very long time. The good-old-days weren't so good - news just didn't spread as fast.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Changed? Yeah.

Robbery rates are about 40% of what they were 30 years ago (250 per 100K in 1980, just under 100 now)

Pretty much every category of crime has gone down consistently for a very long time. The good-old-days weren't so good - news just didn't spread as fast.
sure are a lot of people locked up nowadays.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts