Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Romedius;
I'm with you 100% and the forum is here for you. I would suggest that since you have the equipment, do it, start out and see if its something you like, then move forward. Have some fun with it, remember, if you do something you love, you'll never work a day in your life. My Uncle taught at U Montana/Bozeman and I'd go out for a month or so every summer. He knew a lot of people and we had access to a lot of ranches to fly fish-his father, my grandfather taught us both to fly fish on the limestone creeks in Pennsylvania and Montana in the '70's was like going to heaven. I know how it's changed, you should see it here.
I'm at the tail end of the the baby boom, worked in a NY Harbor oil refinery at night to get an engineering degree and have worked all over the world, first on oil, second on military and now that I'm stopping travel, I have time to do bees with my youngest daughter. We came to age as Regan Republicans', had a first hand view of the "Woodstock Generation" as a kid and am now surrounded by them. The millennials are a waste of time, they don't want to do any heavy lifting. Us older guys just laugh at them and are trying to figure out what heavy construction will be like in ten years. Don't care any more but I have faith in God so I know it'll all work out.

Keep in mind a long winter is coming and bees can be fun. I'm going to expand as I learn. I have 14 acres with a small trout stream on it near the Delaware River, in Jersey, that's like 10,000 acres in Montana ;-). My excuse to the wife for the money I'm spending on hives is I'll be able to keep the agricultural exemption on the land taxes. Best of luck Brother!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts