Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, this spring im going to be selling my honey, how much money I charge for a bottle,? what is usual, the same as what I seen at giant, ? and when i was doing an inspectin last week it was real cold (today is super warm I wore a tshirt even) but I still saw they are making honey from all that sugar I was dumping in.I think I can start bottling it up soon for sale, I guess I still feed them sugar anyway to keep it going
keep on keeping on! , bill

·
Registered
405 Posts
I don't suggest you try selling your sugar syrup as "honey" that's the kinda thing that will pose people off. I know you're probably new and don't know so I'm not trying to give you carp just let you know. You can't feed sugar when they're making honey or it will contaminate it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Agree with VT BG, you shouldn’t sell sugar syrup as honey. Just don’t.
It will wreck the reputation of local honey producers, and it is way up on the unethical scale.
Sugar syrup is bee food, not ‘honey’. If you want to consume it personally, no foul, but selling as honey is a sham.
I would advise you to re-think this.

·
Registered
387 Posts
that isn't honey, it's the equivalent corn syrup.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well im not even sure they made honey out of that sugar ,, its probably not anyway.
i'm just ready to strt making some cash from these things, that's why I took them frmo my buddy anyway!!!!! can I telll from the tasting if it s sugar honey or real? I won't sell it if it has any sugar in it anyway

·
Registered
73 Posts
well im not even sure they made honey out of that sugar ,, its probably not anyway.
i'm just ready to strt making some cash from these things, that's why I took them frmo my buddy anyway!!!!! can I telll from the tasting if it s sugar honey or real? I won't sell it if it has any sugar in it anyway
The best advice I can give you is you need to read a few bee books , attend bee club meetings, watch a few videos, get a mentor and ask questions on this site before you sell anything to the public .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts