Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a couple hives die out over the winter;
They had SHB and wax moth damage.
I bagged and then froze them.

Now the comb is moldy.

What to do with it now?

Will the bees clean it up?
should I just burn it - or send it to the melter?

Can I dunk it in soapy water and expect it to come clean (clean enough for the bees to use?)

I hate to waste drawn comb, but I hate more to put useless comb in the hive, too.

Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,176 Posts
The bees will take care of a little mold.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top