Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best bee nectar/pollen producing plants (flowers/shrubs/trees)? Perhaps it could be broken out by regions. With a lot of input by our members, we could really get a good database of information. Especially if we have color pictures of each plant and bloom times.

Some of the data is probably already here and with a little research (searching) a lot could be put in quickly. If broken down to zip codes within regions then we would basicly have a database of plants that would be region/state and even county.

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
There is this article, though it isn't complete yet. It would take a concerted effort to create a list that includes photos. I've had this in mind for a year already. I'll give it some more thought on how it might have to be organized to work.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been gleening pictures off of the 'Net for different blooming plants. I am sure that we can come up with a way to merge all of this information into 1 place. The NASA information would be a good starting point as far creating a database. I am a retired systems analyst and application designer.

·
Premium Member
12,000 Posts
There are a lot of photos available from the Gov. that are public domain. I've thought about doing this on the main site, not in the forums. If you have some ideas, send them to me in a PM or email.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts