Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Mann Lake has foundation called Perma-Dent on sale this week. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I've used their Rite Cell with mediocre results. Lately, I've been using Acorn, and really like it, but shipping adds about 50% to the cost. This Perma-Dent sale is about the same price as the Acorn, but I can get free shipping on it if I order something else, or get a couple cases.

Opinions?

thanks.
craig

·
Registered
306 Posts
I ordered some when they did the Kelley buy out, I can only give initial out of the box impressions...

It is lighter in weight than Acorn yet is about the same stiffness. I like the precut corners, no tabs to break off. Good molding, well defined cell edges.

Obviously not near the waxing as Acorn double, but I can over wax with a roller, if you want 'plug and play' Acorn is the value.

Ultimately, what matters most is what the bees think... I don't have an answer yet on that.

·
Registered
7,086 Posts
>I've used their Rite Cell with mediocre results.
Add wax, feed.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I ordered some when they did the Kelley buy out, I can only give initial out of the box impressions...

It is lighter in weight than Acorn yet is about the same stiffness. I like the precut corners, no tabs to break off. Good molding, well defined cell edges.

Obviously not near the waxing as Acorn double, but I can over wax with a roller, if you want 'plug and play' Acorn is the value.

Ultimately, what matters most is what the bees think... I don't have an answer yet on that.
I don't use plastic foundation generally, but bought some for experimenting and noticed the perforations on the corners. Should I have snapped them off before installing in wooden frames? I didn't. How much of a screw up? J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts