Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone!

I have been doing lots of reading and studying about the usage of Fumidil-B.

BUT, I keep seeing different options for mixing ratios and I am not so sure which way to go.

I would like to feed via sugar syrup first.

Please, how much Fumidil-B per half gallon of 1:1 sugar syrup?

I am using Fumidil-B for the container shown below.

I was thinking 2.5 grams, but not sure if this is a correct mixing ratio dosage.

Thanks,

Soar

Attachments

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Read the label, it is the law. My OLD label states "380 litres of syruo mixed with this container (454 grams) to treat 100 packages or 50 fall colonies" You do the math.

Crazy Roland

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Has Fumigilin been shown to be effective against nosema c.? I thought the jury was still out on that. My understanding is that nosema c. has largely replaced nosema a. as the predominant nosema strain now.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
Has Fumigilin been shown to be effective against nosema c.? I thought the jury was still out on that. My understanding is that nosema c. has largely replaced nosema a. as the predominant nosema strain now.
well being I'm in the cold zone, last I knew Medhat Nassa (sp) from Canada is still recommending it's use in canada, he was instrumental in getting a manufacturer to bring it back. Having followed Randy O for many years on bee-l, he and cold climate people would go round and round about it, not sure where he stands lately about it's effectiveness. I'm not sure if it works or not but would go with Medhat's recommendation if in a cold zone. I have no scientific evidence, but have used it for other problems in bees with good results. I have always used it with the canadian label and applied it onto the bees and not in a feeder, and the amount of the product is a higher concentration.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I would always go with Medhat too. I have been very curious about this subject since the discovery that nosema c. is being reported to have largely drowned out nosema a. We should have some good data within a few years. Until then, what else can we do?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It is like "Tiger Repellent" in Wisconsin. If you do not have Nosema, it does no good. If a Tiger DOES get loose, it certainly is effective. Monitor the "Wetness" of the first few days larvae. If dry, you have problems, if wet, you may not.

Crazy Roland

1 - 7 of 7 Posts