Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i go to check the bricks and straps on nucs and hives... The girls are out on the landing board checking out the few rain drops and lighting... I guess they can take care of themselves.. hopefully it passes without to much fuss

·
Registered
72 Posts
we had a big rain storm last week. curious, i went up to check on my hives and the morning forage crew was still flying in! it was pouring! it was so much that the bottom board was collecting water faster than it could drain. the flyers knew to avoid the flooded landing board. they would take some extra time to line up the approach and fly straight in the entrance without landing.

it was fun to watch, but water started running down my back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we had a big rain storm last week. curious, i went up to check on my hives and the morning forage crew was still flying in! it was pouring! it was so much that the bottom board was collecting water faster than it could drain. the flyers knew to avoid the flooded landing board. they would take some extra time to line up the approach and fly straight in the entrance without landing.

it was fun to watch, but water started running down my back.
Because those are the Tough New York bees... nothing phases them

·
Registered
489 Posts
Unfortunately Nebraska took a hard hit with the weather yesterday.

I heard on the weather report Wisconsin was on the list for storms today. Hope all goes well and you stay safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts