Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been keeping bees for about a year. My daughter came home this weekend and we opened the hives for an inspection. She told me that she thinks beekeeping is my midlife crisis. I was hoping for one that included the Dakar Rally and a couple of 22 year old dancers. Instead, I get big boxes of bugs. Outstanding.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hahaha,

I just started last year too. One can only hope this is Mid life:D

Maybe if so then we have time to figure out these darn insects:scratch:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
My daughter ... told me that she thinks beekeeping is my midlife crisis. I was hoping for one that included the Dakar Rally and a couple of 22 year old dancers. Instead, I get big boxes of bugs. Outstanding.
The reality for most of us mid-lifers is that we'll never have a couple of 22 year old dancers. Our girls are bugs who do the waggle dance.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I had to settle for the black stripes on the yellow girls. Not quite as shapely as 22 year old dancers or as fast as a yellow 'vette or as expensive, but occupies me just the same.

They do let me spend more on the wife, kids and booze.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been keeping bees for about a year. My daughter came home this weekend and we opened the hives for an inspection. She told me that she thinks beekeeping is my midlife crisis. I was hoping for one that included the Dakar Rally and a couple of 22 year old dancers. Instead, I get big boxes of bugs. Outstanding.

I dont log in and post very often but this is the funniest thing i have ever seen on here. I am glad i am only 35. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Been awhile

I know how you guys feel. When I was in my forties my wife stomped her foot
and told me. No More Bees! You have to pick between those "girls" of yours and
me! Oh course I made the only sensible choice, but every now and then I miss her.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey Frank that is too funny, lol. I agree with you though. If someone wants to take away the thing or things that make you happy, then it is time for them to go.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I'm 50 years young, what's a Midlife Crisis :scratch:
;)
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm 56 and I just got back from a nice bike ride. What a beautiful day! I feel younger and better every year!
My husband is a gazillion trillion times better than any bunch of clueless and self-absorbed 22 year old male dancers. :D Your mileage may vary. LOL!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm 56 and I just got back from a nice bike ride. What a beautiful day! I feel younger and better every year!
My husband is a gazillion trillion times better than any bunch of clueless and self-absorbed 22 year old male dancers. :D Your mileage may vary. LOL!

No wonder you feel Young :applause:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Yeah,.I could be A LOT,.."grumpier" :D if not for my bees. It's a beautifull early spring day in Wisconsin, about 65 degrees, maybe even 70 in the sun. The bees are bringing in pollen,....I..saw them,. "bringing it in" by the truck [corbiculae] load yesterday that was pale/lemon yellow; maybe it was skunk cabbage or willow. I don't know,..but who cares. :)

"and a couple of 22 year old dancers."

Well,..you never know. Sometimes at those beekeeping meetin's there are more and more 22 yo. 'dancers',.. [I hope your think'n female?] that are interested in keeping bees also. :D. Ya gotta be gentle with'em though. I've met a few that are soooo into that 'organic' and foundationless and "natural" beekeeping they almost got me believe in it too,..:D

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Well,..you never know. Sometimes at those beekeeping meetin's there are more and more 22 yo. 'dancers',.. [I hope your think'n female?] that are interested in keeping bees also. :D. Ya gotta be gentle with'em though. I've met a few that are soooo into that 'organic' and foundationless and "natural" beekeeping they almost got me believe in it too,..:D
They're not all 22 years old. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts