Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of just doing crush and strain I would like to use one of those metal fruit presses I've seen around on a few forums for harvesting honey. Most of the pricing I can find online is about $250 for a 14 liter. The traditional cider presses with the wooden slats are more widely available but I anticipate that they would be a nightmare to clean. Does anybody have a good source for the stainless metal type?

·
Registered
6,642 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
You might find an one a antique store or market; This one I bought for $100.00, cleaned, sandblasted, repainted and will press around to 30T. Turn your comb to vapor...:)
DSCF1861.jpg DSCF1862.jpg DSCF1863.jpg When I do crush and strain of old comb, put it in a muslin bag, place in press, start cranking. The pictures do not show the wooden plug the fits inside the strainer which crushes the comb. Takes a couple of people to move it around, heavy steel from around 1910, made in Ohio where lots of presses were made by the toolmakers up there. You could also make one from a Harbor Freight hydraulic press, they only cost around $49.00 on sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts