Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are in full bloom. :wiener: Got about 4" of rain the past couple days. :banana: Even the Indian Blankets are still blooming somewhat. :applause:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm an F-18 Bro. And I Will Destroy You In The Air. I Will Deploy My Ordinance To The Ground

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went from pod to flowers 2 days ago. Late bloom for sure here in Texas.
Not sure what type of Mesquites we have. I believe there are 5 species and 2 dominate species in the south. <--I could be wrong about that. Mine typically double bloom and the last couple years bloomed well through August. Typically I pull supers July 4th, but I am going to add some this week and see if they draw them out and pull August 1st.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yes, I have beans and blooms both, I also take honey around July 4 as the flow is normally over by now. I have empty supers on and will check tomorrow, I may have to wait until late in July to pull honey. Love that Mesquite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
1st yr. Beekeeper here but ya I hear the norm is pull around July 4th but yep winter lingered on for us and I would say almost a month difference in bloom atleast for me. South central Texas.

August 4th might be perfect.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I have beans and blooms both, I also take honey around July 4 as the flow is normally over by now. I have empty supers on and will check tomorrow, I may have to wait until late in July to pull honey. Love that Mesquite.
Update if they are drawing out the empties. I was thinking of putting on a couple supers this weekend and pulling honey Aug 1st-ish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts